Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Favorite Hymn

Today I discovered my favorite hymn! Tim came home from piano last Wednesday and said, "I am playing the piano in church on Sunday." I said, "You are? What are you playing?" He told me he was accompanying his piano teacher while she sang. Imagine my surprise because other than playing in seminary sometimes and for home evening, I didn't know he could accompany! Apparantly he has been working on the song, I have heard him play it for months, and practicing with her at piano lessons. The song is an arrangement of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" from an Especially for Youth album. You can hear it here. The song isn't new to me, it is my favorite song that Adam sings, too. We have had the arrangement for years and I have heard it played by several of my children over that time. What I realized today is that I have the same experience everytime I hear it sung...not just played, but when it is sung. From the first line that says, "I know that my Redeemer lives....", I know for myself, without a doubt, confirmed every time by the Spirit, that My Redeemer lives! I have heard Romney and Adam sing it, I have heard Adam sing it, I heard it when we went to church in the Cayman Islands last year, I have heard my friend Laurel sing it and today I knew when Katie sang it...I KNOW that My Redeemer lives! I can't hear it without my heart wanting to burst, and every time, I just know. It has stayed on my heart all day and I really even thought, "I have to blog this!" So I don't know why, and maybe it is or isn't the appropriate forum, but I just had to say it! By the way, Tim was amazing and did a great job. He even got Marissa to turn the pages for him...that in itself was huge as Missy never goes up to sing with the Primary for Mother's Day or Father's Day etc. she just refuses to go, but today she followed him up and followed the music and turned the pages at the perfect time. Days like this make piano lessons worthwhile!

6 comments:

Romney said...

I too love this song! Thanks for letting me come to sacrament meeting so we could hear the beautiful music and lyrics for myself! Love you!

Heather said...

I think this is a perfect forum for this kind of thing. Thank you for sharing your testimony. It is a beautiful arrangement of an inspired hymn.

Unknown said...

I love this song too! I was happy to see that the Presbyterians have it in their hymnal ;-) Isn't it nice when all that piano nagging pays off.

ColleenDown said...

Don't you hate it when someone hijacks your google account!

Charlie said...

It really is a beautiful song. Thanks for posting.

jessica&john.com said...

I remembered I didn't leave a comment because I was distracted on you tube all morning listening to all the beautiful music. Thanks so much for sharing, it made my day.