Everytime I read someone else's new post, I am reminded that I have only made one lone post for this new year! Why haven't I posted? Do I have anything to write about? Maybe I am in that "Marathon of Motherhood" that Colleen wrote about and I am self-talking my way through something, "you can pack another lunch... you can check another math paper..." or maybe it is because I decided to read more books...I can now join those of you who have read "To Kill A Mockingbird" and have something to say about it! Maybe it is because I have gotten out of the house and into the mountains to ski and by the time I come home I am refreshed albeit very tired! I should be able to post pictures because I have taken at least one a day since January 1, but that hasn't happened either. I like reading other blogs and seeing that people are doing much the same thing, they just take the time to share it! So, now you know what I have been doing this month instead of blogging!
Now it is a new month. I need to...
Choose another book to read
Keep on skiing...if you want to go call me, it's lots of fun and I'd love to take you!
Learn to take more creative pictures of our daily activities
Keep up with my family's needs
Blog something interesting, and
Be more grateful! ( And when I am not I just read the Nie Nie Dialogues and realize I have nothing to complain about!)
I am looking forward to February and can't wait to see what is happening in your lives as well!
5 comments:
You can't fool me--The Marathon of Motherhood-is all consuming, it is just too hard to quantify. We never blog about finding math books, shopping for groceries, making returns at the store, or hand-washing delicates! We only blog about skiing as if that is all we do all week! Of course, you didn't mention also that this past month you built a home and moved 70 years worth of accumulation into it with a smile on your face either!
Amen to all that Colleen said. You're an awesome grandma, a missionary mom, a lacrosse mom (kudos), a mom of twins, a mom of now-registering-future 9th grader, and a whole list of other things. I'm tired just thinking of it. And I now for a fact that you work out way more than I do, but none of us in our right minds would ever take a picture or blog about that!!! Keep up the good work, but please do share the mundane things as well 'cause I love hearing from you. As a matter of fact, what was your verdict on To Kill a Mockingbird?
I loved To Kill a Mockingbird when I read it but it has been a long time and I don't remember all that much. Your blogs are always interesting thanks for the update.
I decided to be like you and take a picture everyday this month. So far I've only missed one day. Can't wait to ski with you next week.
I agree with Colleen and Cheryl, you do WAY more than you give yourself credit for! You never cease to amaze me! And if you looked at my blog, you'll realize that I don't update often either! I think I went almost 6 weeks in between my last posts! Love You!
Post a Comment