Monday, February 8, 2010

A Household Hint!

Ok, this post is far removed from Colleen's "Dream" post, but I just have to share it with you! Before Christmas, our dishwasher flooded. (Right after the broken pipe in the back of the cupboard that had been soaking the wallboard in the basment for 2 years! but that's another story for another time, but probably not on my blog because it is all fixed and I don't care anymore!) So we called the appliance repair man. He checked it out and said the drain was clogged and it was backing up...I don't know how my drain was clogged because I practically wash the dishes before I put them in there, but hey...then he told me about hard water deposits and that I should use this product called "Dishwasher Magic" about once a month and it would keep everything clean and draining properly. Then I bought 3 bottles but wasn't sure I would really use it once a month as it cost $20 a bottle. Well I bought it so I better use it, right? I did and it was amazing!! My dishwasher looks brand new! I thought the inside color was brownish-gray, but it is actually white! Finally the other day as I admired my very clean dishwasher, I wondered where I would get more when I ran out because I didn't want to call the repair man again. I read the bottle and found a website and found a source to purchase the product...Less than a mile from my home at Parley's Do it Center for...get this...the online price delivered free to the store for $3.00 a bottle! So, in order to get the most for my money, I am now telling you all so that you too can have clean dishwashers, no clogged drains and only pay $3.00! Then you can use the money you save to live your dreams, like Colleen taught us!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm game to try something with that kind of recommendation. Thanks!

jessica&john.com said...

yay, thanks for the hint! now maybe i wont have to completely wash the dishes before i put them in the dish washer. right now it acts as a sanitizer because it is so clogged. thanks for the tip!

ColleenDown said...

You can't dream if your pipes are clogged! You can't believe how much I need this at the cabin. I have been running vinegar through it but it just isn't cutting it. Where do we order it?

Vanessa said...

WOW! Great tip, Thanks!

Deanna said...

You said for hard water deposits. Do you know if it would even be useful if we have soft water?