Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pieces of Me

My sister gave out this challenge on her blog...This is my story….I decided to try it. I also decided I would do it right away so I wouldn't make excuses and read everyone else's and chicken out! So here it is. This is not an easy thing to do!

It started as a thought, I suppose. Definitely a desire of some kind. Then there was me. A little piece of those who came before. Brown eyes and a love of outdoors from Dad. Smooth skin and the joy of reading from Mom. Years pass. There is another thought, another desire, and a piece of me is born. Repeated seven times. A piece of me that loves to a be a mother but does it so much better. A little piece of my sense of humor personified into one who needs laughter to thrive. An obedient heart, working to be a peacemaker, a love of learning, a small measure of athletic ability, a need to talk, a desire to serve the Lord, trying to do my best; tiny pieces of me passed on with my DNA. Seven different pieces of me, magnified by their own uniqueness, that somehow make me complete.



7 comments:

ColleenDown said...

This is so beautiful. Thank you, thank you for playing a long with me. I hope you don't mind that I grab it and post it on my blog--I love it so much and when I make my book again someday I want it there. You were very, very brave to be first....but it is so good, you certainly didn't need to worry. I can see that I will need to have a lot more contests. Love you!!

ColleenDown said...

Me again....I think what I love about this, that makes me drop a tear, is it is just a little glimpse into our hearts!

Steven Down said...

Cathy,

Your story is beautiful. I've always known you had a gift for writing (I've read a poem of yours, before). Please continue to write and share your wonderful gift.

Charlie said...

That was beautiful. I didn't know you were a poet.

Cheryl said...

I read this several days ago, but it was late, and I didn't think I could write a coherent comment. I liked a couple of things about your entry. First, I know it's hard for you to put yourself out there, and yet you did it and you did it first. Well played!

Secondly, I think it absolutely captured the essence of who you are. It's the essence of what you always wanted to be and what you had the privilege of becoming. I thought it was beautifully done. Love you.

Romney said...

Why you think you cannot write is beyond me!! You are amazing! What a fun challenge. I loved reading them!

jessica&john.com said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this! I loved your story and have thought often of finding pieces in my posterity this past month. Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts.