Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ski Days


Before winter officially turns into spring, I thought I would do one more post about my cold weather activities. I didn't get started until February, but I did manage to get in some ski days. I always have a hard time getting myself dressed and out the door to ski, but I am always glad when I do! The air is cleaner, the sky is usually bluer and it feels good to be outdoors! This year I only skied at Sundance for cross country, but it was fun each time.
Most of the time I went with one or two of my usual ski buddies, this was a hard year for all of us to connect at the same time! One day our usual group all made it!
Another day, Cheryl and I went and we braved some steep climbs for some fast downhill runs!

Clark and I also took a day for one downhill trip to Park City. The girls had sixth grade passes so we took them. The boys had to miss school for other things on other days, so they missed out. We went the morning after a good (for this winter, anyway!) snow and had new powder. That was a fun day, too. Yep, that's me sporting Tim's neon green pants! They fit better than mine on this particular day!
Finally, to wrap up the season and try something different, Cheryl and I went to Sundance for the moonlight ski at the beginning of March. The moon was slow in rising, so I was really glad Cheryl had recommended bringing headlamps! Also, it had been in the 50's during the day so we pretty much skied on ice! Hard to climb up and scary to ski down, especially with limited light! We think snowshoeing might be more of our moonlight sport, but it was good to try!
So, skiing wasn't totally lost this year, but we will hope for better snow next year. For now, I am happy to see my crocus blooming and will look forward to the warmer days!

5 comments:

ColleenDown said...

It is almost like being there, almost--and much warmer. This is definitely one of those things I am going to be on top of next year, glad you didn't let the tradition die this year. Now, if I can just bike enough to get back in my ski pants by the next season!!

jessica&john.com said...

It is so great to finally see some snow posts! I miss the powder and appreciate pics more than you can imagine. It sounds like you have lots of fun sunny vacays in your future. I like seeing pics of those too, so please keep us posted. Love you!

Charlie said...

Nice going skiing looks hard. I love those snow pants you borrowed from Tim.:)

Heather said...

I can't believe we didn't all get out at least once together this year. It was a pretty short season. I'm glad you got to take advantage of the little snow we had though. I saw the Sundance Moonlight ski and thought it sounded like fun. I'm jealous.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for getting me out on the slopes a couple of times this year. It definitely wasn't our best year ever, but that moonlight ski will definitely go down as a winter adventure! Thanks for the memories!