Friday, August 26, 2011

We've Got Jordan!

I finally have my computer, my camera and the internet all at the same time! We left Salt Lake on Saturday and after a layover in Los Angeles, we had our boarding passes to New Zealand!

We boarded our plane and found our seats on this very large aircraft!

The flight was about 13 hours (not the 16 we thought it would be!). We slept most of it and arrived in Auckland at 6 in the morning. We safely drove on the wrong side of the road (for us anyway!) and arrived at our hotel...the Hilton right on the harbor...

We napped a bit and went out to find lunch and something to help pass the time! We found fish and chips and a movie! Tuesday came but we couldn't pick up Jordan until 2:00 so we just stayed in our hotel and read books! We couldn't really think of anything to do! Finally, it was time and we drove about 15 minutes to the mission home. The missionaries were loading up their luggage to head to the airport and we found Jordan!
We were only at the mission home a few minutes and then we drove a couple of hours to Hamilton to the temple. We met a pair of sister missionaries there and one of them was the daughter of one of my roommates from college! The temple was closed for cleaning, but that's ok because I left my recommend in my wallet...the wallet that I put it in over a month ago so I wouldn't forget it...at the last minute I decided I didn't need all the stuff in my wallet, so I moved my license and brought a smaller wallet! Oh well, we had Jordan! We stopped for some ice cream and then some Indian food that Jordan liked to eat in one of his areas. It was a great day and we were glad to be together again!

6 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

Yay! I am so glad to see everyone is together again. Now that I have a son, I understand a little more how hard it would be to not see him for 2 long years! I bet it was such a joyous reunion.
I can't wait to see the bungee jumping pics.

Romney said...

yay!! I'm so excited to see you back with Jordan and I can't wait to see you all next week!! P.S. You didn't mention you saw the sister missionaries and the one was your roommates daughter!! Small world!

Eileen said...

I have "returned missionary" envy. What a beautiful place for a reunion! I hope you get to stay and play.

Cheryl said...

What a great post!!! Everyone looks great. I'm so happy to see you all so happy. I hope you enjoy every bit of New Zealand and Tonga.

Charlie said...

I'm so glad you guys got there safe and are having fun.

ColleenDown said...

That stupid song that Angie used to always sing about "we're all together again, we're here, we're here" keeps going through my head. Second verse, same as first New Zealand style could be worse....oh dear, it is going to be a long night. And about those bungie pictures--there are simply no words! Ziplines will be as far as my adventures can ever take me--I can't believe you rode out to that thing!