Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Birthday Adventure!

My sister and I have birthdays 11 days apart. Mine is on August 11, Colleen's is August 22. For the last few years, my two sisters and I will have a swim party to celebrate our summer birthdays. We will have lunch and float in the pool and visit etc. This year, Cheryl called and said she had another idea. A couple of days before my birthday she shared her idea...she was giving us unlimited ride passes on the Zipline and Alpine Slide at the Olympic Park in Park City. We met up on Thursday to redeem our gift!

This year, instead of floating calmly in my little pool, we were flying down the mountain and soaring across the plains...ok, I didn't really fly, but Colleen and Cheryl would have if I wasn't in the way. By the third time down the slide, I did pretty much abandon my braking routine and pick up some speed on the way down!

There she goes!!!
And she's off, too...
Our pass also included the Zipline! Here was the description of the ride...
We thought it sounded like we could qualify, so off we went. Of course, being the brave older sisters, we let Cheryl go first!
Here is proof that I did get in the seat after Cheryl...
And here are two of us flying over the plains...I think it is Colleen and Cheryl, but it's kind of hard to tell...but it is two of us!

If you follow the cables you can find us! It is like Where's Waldo?! I should have edited the picture, but then I would have never gotten back to posting, so just squint!
I think this is just Cheryl, you can see her between the two ski runs!

We had a great time. The weather was beautiful and the company and activities were the best! Thanks, Cheryl, for thinking outside the birthday box (and the pool)!

6 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Thanks for being the memory saver--it was fun to relive the day--and my sunburned arms have also reminded me of the fun we had all weekend. I love the picture of the three of us--we still have the cool factor!

Vanessa said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like the perfect gift! :) So much FUN!

Romney said...

Glad you had a fun birthday! Thanks for sharing the fun pictures!

Charlie said...

What a cool way to spend a birthday. I'm glad you got to do something so fun.

Heather said...

You ladies are wild and crazy. I was at your house the day after your birthday and I didn't say anything. I am so lame! Happy Late Birthday, Aunt Cathy! You are fabulous in so many ways.

jessica&john.com said...

You three prove age is just a number. I hope you are taking tons of pictures this week. I will be thinking of you and your big adventure. I can't wait to welcome back Jordan via facebook:)