Thursday, March 25, 2010

We are Sewing, Daily Sewing...

Caleb came home from school and said he wanted to make something for his teacher. I didn't really listen to his whole explanation about why, but nevertheless, he wanted to make something. He then said he would make a bag that looked like the Texas flag because his teacher was born in Texas. Later he said he found red and blue fabric but not white and was it ok if he cut up a t-shirt to have white fabric. Whatever...I was cooking dinner and really wasn't paying as much attention as I probably should have been. He told me he would ask Maddy to help him because he didn't know how to sew, but she did. They went about their business and I did mine. Caleb left for a play practice and I finished dinner. Clark and I left after dinner for a couple of hours. When I came home, Maddy came in with the bag she had made for Caleb. Turns out he had shown her what he wanted and she made it! Is this amazing or what???



She even appliqued stars on the blue fabric on both sides!


I was impressed! I wish I had the same confidence as they do that I could bring my ideas to life! Just thought I'd share with you what was happening at my house tonight!

6 comments:

Romney said...

I am very impressed with Maddy's sewing skills and Caleb's creativity! Very neat! Love you guys!

ColleenDown said...

That is impressive. Had my children asked to sew, I certainly would not have gone about making my dinner. (Of course, I would not have been making dinner, but that is another problem) My ears would have immediately perked up at that request and I would have emphatically stated, "of course not!" It would have been like "The Christmas Story"--you will shoot your eye out (or run your fingers over)! See what a good Mom you are and see how creative your children have become.

Heather said...

Wow, that is talent. What a good sister too to be so willing to help.

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad there will be a seamstress in the family for the next few years. I'm sure my kids will have need of one for something -- and you'll have two!

You know I'm loving the creative streak put into practice. Kudos to everyone involved who made it happen. And kudos to you for being excited enough to share!

Charlie said...

That bag looks great! Go Maddy. I am way impressed.

Vanessa said...

How cute that brother and sister worked together! I am very impressed, she is a very talented little thing! A he is so sweet to be so thoughtful and want to make his teacher something so meaningful! What sweet kids you have!