Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A View From Down Under

For Mother's Day I received a new camera that I wanted. One of its features is that it is waterproof to 3 meters. Actually using that feature is a little scary! Who is comfortable sticking their camera underwater on purpose?! But today I did it! It is summer now and time for a new header on my blog. I was so glad that the rain left with the arrival of summer, well, the day after anyway! In case you don't live in Utah, at least 15 of the 23 days of June have had some amount of rain! It has been cool and cloudy almost every day! Today the sun was shining and we went swimming so I decided it was time to take a picture! You can see how well it worked by looking at my title picture. Pretty cool, huh? But I tried adding Jocelyn's feet and got this cute picture too! It wasn't what I had in mind for the title, but it was too funny not to share! Welcome Summer and please stay for a very long time!


8 comments:

Cheryl said...

LOVE the pictures! That one of Jocelyn is a keeper. And I'm so proud of you for being brave enough to stick your camera underwater. I would have been scared too.

Charlie said...

What a cool camera. I love the pictures and can't believe how clear they are. This should add some really cool pics to you picture a day collection.

ColleenDown said...

So I still haven't bought a new camera-as you may remember mine DID NOT do well underwater. This is definitely a selling point. Now if they just would come up with underwater cell phones.

Eileen said...

I have underwater camera envy!

LOVE the pics.

Romney said...

Those pictures turned out so cool! i'm going to have to give mine a try too! Thanks for letting Jocelyn come play yesterday! I'm sure she loved it!

jessica&john.com said...

I love your creative footnote pictures. I too now want an underwater camera.

Vanessa said...

Love your new header! Love that your camera can do that, you'll have fun with that one this summer.

Deanna said...

The picture to WAY cool. You'll have to post other underwater adventure pictures with you camera.