Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Brewhaha!





So I am a little past Halloween, but I wanted to share our first annual Witches Brewhaha! I saw a news story about a witches tea that was held at the Grand America in Salt Lake in early October. (Apparently, they were real witches.) I thought it would be fun to have a witches tea with the girls. It was a crazy busy week, but I only had a few days until Halloween so they only choice on my calendar was Oct. 30. I gathered up hats, invited some girls and Cheryl and I had a witches tea. We ate hamster and lettuce sandwiches and newt-egg sandwiches, gelatanous jello, scones with chewy bugs, pumpkin gut cookies and rotten carmel apples. We washed it all down with Spider Cider! As with all meals, it took longer to prepare than to consume, but all agreed it was a bewitching time! Next year we will plan farther in advance and invite all our witchy friends!

7 comments:

Heather said...

What a great idea! The menu sounds delish. Next year I want to come.

Cheryl said...

It was delish, and so fun! Thanks for the fun party in the midst of such a busy week! And you'll notice that I didn't even go on vacation and I'm still trying to blog about Halloween week -- so there!

Romney said...

Sounds like fun! I'm sorry I missed it! Maybe in 5-6 years if we live close, Jocelyn and I can come to your annual witches brewhaha!

Charlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlie said...

Oh man, Aunt Cathy you are brilliant! I don't know how you come up with such cute things.

ColleenDown said...

How come I never get invited to all the fun? Am I not w (b)itchy enough?

jessica&john.com said...

What a fun party. I love all of your Halloween decor. Especially the eyes in the canister. I want to see your Hawaii pictures! I am having beach withdrawals so please post!