We started this day early and headed to the harbor to go see the Statue of Liberty.
We were early enough to get tickets to go inside the base of the monument that has a museum about the making of the Statue of Liberty. We climbed lots of stairs to get to the top of the base so we could look up at the statue! We went back outside and took a few more pictures...
And went shopping in the gift shop...Then we took the boat back to New York. We took a few minutes to consult the map and decide which subway to take...
And we made our way to the Natural History Museum, which is a subway stop and you walk off the subway and into the museum! Teddy wasn't giving any tours, but we saw him on his horse out front! And inside we saw some pretty awesome dinosaur bones! Tim took these pictures...
I love the picture with the kids and the statue of liberty in the background. This is just one trip that all families need to make at some point. We still need to get Jake there. Paris, NY, London--I have a great appreciation for subway systems and the convenience they are for getting around with large groups.
Who knew The Statue of Liberty looks better from far away, I must say...not the must attractive lady up close:) I feel like I've spent the week in NYC. I love the detail of these posts!!!
Who knew The Statue of Liberty looks better from far away, I must say...not the must attractive lady up close:) I feel like I've spent the week in NYC. I love the detail of these posts!!!
6 comments:
Day 4 made me tired just reading about it! It looks like a very fun day though and I will have to make it to Mary Poppins one day!
I love the picture with the kids and the statue of liberty in the background. This is just one trip that all families need to make at some point. We still need to get Jake there. Paris, NY, London--I have a great appreciation for subway systems and the convenience they are for getting around with large groups.
This whole trip looks so fun. I didn't know that Night of the Museum was based on a real museum. How cool!
Who knew The Statue of Liberty looks better from far away, I must say...not the must attractive lady up close:)
I feel like I've spent the week in NYC. I love the detail of these posts!!!
Who knew The Statue of Liberty looks better from far away, I must say...not the must attractive lady up close:)
I feel like I've spent the week in NYC. I love the detail of these posts!!!
I liked the up close views. I've only ever been around it in a boat.
Glad you liked Mary Poppins. It was one of those plays that just simply made me happy!!! Hope it made you that way too.
Post a Comment