Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 3

On Monday morning we headed to the airport and flew to New York City...
We arrived at our hotel about 1:00 in the afternoon. We checked into our lovely new home away from home...I loved these flowers in the lobby...
We left our luggage and went looking for lunch on our way to Rockefeller Center. After lunch, (which can I say, eating in NYC with 4 children must be a spectacle because we did get looks...I think just daring to have 4 children in NYC gets you looks!) we took the NBC Studios Tour...

The most interesting thing I learned on the tour was that to get tickets for a taping of "Saturday Night Live" you have to get in a drawing in August for the next year of shows and even then, there are so many requests that the odds are slim to none that you can get one!
After the tour, we went to the "Top of the Rock" (Rockefeller Center) and had a view of the whole city!

Next, we jumped on the subway for the first of many trips around town. We were headed down to Chelsea Pier for a dinner cruise around the Hudson and East Rivers and into the New York Harbor...

We enjoyed a nice buffet dinner and a smooth ride. It was fun to see the city from a different view.

We cruised out to the Statue of Liberty, seeing it as the sun was setting....

After Tim's picture, Caleb wanted me to take his also...

We were out long enough (about 3 hours) to see the sunset and the lights of the city come on...

Here is a picture of our ship after we docked that night.
Finally, we headed back to the subway to return to our hotel. Somewhere along the way, Caleb saw this mosaic in the wall...
Come back tomorrow to see Day 4 in the City!

3 comments:

Romney said...

More fun!! Love it!

ColleenDown said...

I can't believe you ever say, "I am not a photographer!" or "I am not a writer!" because you are one damn good poser if you are not!! And that is my comment for the day :-)

Charlie said...

I love all the pictures you've posted especially the statue of liberty in the sunset.

PS That mosaic was great!