Friday, January 14, 2011

Now We Know!!!

I love blogs! Since sending out missionaries, I have thought that email was invented for missionaries and military personnel and their families...it's a great way to hear from them in pretty much real time and know what is going on. Blogs are the next best thing when the Mission President's wife keeps things updated. As some of you know, we knew before Christmas that Jordan would be receiving a "Dear John" from the girl he left at home. We kept waiting for some kind of response from him that he had received it but it never came. He didn't bring it up when he called home for Christmas so we didn't either. We all just kept wondering. In fact, just before Christmas, the girl decided to email him in case he hadn't received the letter...still no response from Jordan that we knew about. Today I was checking the mission blog because it had a new post "Random Pictures from Interviews". It sounded promising as I remembered Jordan saying he was looking forward to his interview sometime soon in a recent letter. Browsing through the pictures we found Jordan in a group photo and then the writing said, "President is having a special moment with Elder Gardner! He is reading his recently received "Dear John!" Not much sympathy more of delight!"






It is good to know he has some support for what could be difficult times! I am sure that he was sad as he considered her his best friend and I know he had thoughts for a future that included her. But as a mom, it is good to know that his mission president is concerned for all the things that matter to him and is there to give him a hug and some advice when I cannot. Maybe this week we will get an update from him! An earlier post from the mission blog referred to the "Wall of Fame" (the elders call it "shame") where they post their "Dear John" letters. It's nice they find a way to help the Elders move past the bumps in their mission and focus on the reason they are there in the first place! We miss V and wish her the best and know that everything will work out as it should. Besides, Adam said that they teach you in the MTC, "Somebody might marry your girlfriend, but no one will marry your wife!"


4 comments:

Romney said...

I was glad to see the pictures from the mission president! He looks great and it makes me miss him lots! Only 8 more months!!!

ColleenDown said...

Glad to see that "frown turn upside down--" Oh the speed bumps of life's journey.

Trishelle said...

Wahoooo for awesome and down to earth mission presidents! Jordan obviously rocks too! Way to roll with the punches!

Eileen said...

I love this! What a cute young man you have raised.