Sunday, January 9, 2011

A New, Clean Page and a Fresh New Year!

After doing all the after Christmas clean up, I was feeling pretty good. Then I found the token two or three decorations that have to be missed and found after all the decoration boxes are packed away. I found a spot for those and thought I was done. Then I checked on blogs. Oh, I still had some "undecorating" to do and change my blog from the Christmas design and post! I was wanting something colorful as I am tired of the dirty snow and dirty sky color I have been seeing, but then I found this black and white background and I liked it! A clean, fresh look. Then I didn't have a picture of feet for my "footnotes" theme header...but I remembered this picture I took when I went skiing just before Christmas...this is where I will be leaving my footprints (hopefully just ski tracks, really) for the next few weeks.
I have had a hard time trying to figure out the direction for my feet this year. I know of some places we have plans to go... Las Vegas, Hawaii, Washington D.C., Wyoming (for Trek) and of course, New Zealand (and maybe Tonga!) I am sure my feet will take me all over my house...especially the kitchen and laundry room... and out to my car to drive all over town...I hope to leave footprints on the treadmill and by my TV when I pop in an exercise video...I hope I leave footprints in places my children will want to follow! I hope I will have some of you along with me making some of those footprints and ski tracks!
In fact, Cheryl and I made some tracks this week. She had to be in Orem for a meeting so she called me and we had lunch when she was done. We decided on sushi...we decided "all you can eat" was the most economic way to try several kinds...we ate way beyond "all you can eat" and didn't need to eat for the rest of the day! But is was fun and we would do it all over again...ok maybe we wouldn't order the last one or two...
Anyway, I will keep working on where my feet will go and what some of my "footnotes" will be this year. Please call me if you have any idea for places we can take our feet or a direction that would be fun to go...

8 comments:

jessica&john.com said...

That sushi picture is making my mouth water...as well as the picture with all the fresh powder:)
I hope I can follow in your footsteps someday...but you have some pretty big shoes to fill. I will just think "baby steps" and copy some of your resolutions. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cheryl said...

I knew your feet would be going to New Zealand, but when did Hawaii and Washington, D.C. creep in there??? I want your life!

I will definitely be trekking through the snow with you. I've gotta do something to work off the extra sushi weight!

Happy New Year!

Romney said...

Love the picture and the blog facelift! Hopefully, I can make some footprints in the snow with you and maybe to some of your other vaca spots this year! Love you!

ColleenDown said...

It seems like their should be some profound quote like C Jane has on her blog about writing so we can twice enjoy the experience, when it comes to taking pics of food. "We photograph so that we can twice enjoy the lunch etc." (Oh wait, there is a quote--a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips) Oh well, I love the Mountain picture too-makes me want to get up there-let me know when the temperature rises over 2!

Trishelle said...

Your post made me soooo happy! I've been thinking about your family so your post just made my day!

May 2011 be wonderful, adventurous and filled with happy surprises!

By the way, that sushi looks AMAZING!!

ColleenDown said...

"there" not "their' drives me crazy when I see things like that!!

Heather said...

Sounds like you are heading in some great directions. I can't wait to make tracks with you this winter.

Charlie said...

That picture you took skiing is really amazing. I hope you have a wonderful year.