*Patient...I have never heard her raise her voice or get angry.
*Stylish...always dressed in some cute outfit even if nothing exciting is happening!
*A talented photographer...everything looks better, brighter and more fun when you see it through her eyes!
*A great decorator/designer
*A fun wife/mom - she can turn the everyday things into a party!
*Adventurous-travel, skydiving, skiing, college-hopping, she is willing to try lots of things!
*Awesome Aunt-who wouldn't want her to be your babysitter?
*Laid back Mom...whatever happens, happens and she goes with it, usually with a smile!
*Great Blogger-with her pictures and her journaling, she always tells a fun story and she does it often!
*Thoughtful/Insightful-like her Mom, can give you something to think about or a new way to look at things.
*Funny-the girl can make me laugh!
I guess that is more than 10 and I could go on! I just want you to know I love you and can't wait to follow you and your family through your blog!
5 comments:
What an awesome tribute! You summarized what we all are feeling. What a treat to be Jessica's aunt. And I, like you, can't wait to follow a whole bunch of new adventures!!!
Thanks for speaking for all of us.
Oh, and perhaps you should explain that the picture was from a Tea Party in honor of the royal wedding. Stylish as she is, she doesn't usually wear that hat to the grocery store!
I've been staying in denial very successfully until now. I held it together yesterday when I told her "see ya later," but now I am getting teary. The Derbies won't be the same without Jessica. Thanks for the tribute, even if it is knocking down my fantasy that I'll be seeing her in no time.
Ahhh Aunt Cathy!!! That was such a kind post! Your sweet words made my day.
If you only knew how much I look up and admire you. I definitely don't tell you enough! You are so serviceable, a fabulous mom and homemaker (I always think about how you make your own noodles in chicken noodle soup. Amazing!), a talented writer, you are incredible efficient, fun, a great conversationalist, I could go on and on but John needs the computer asap for work so I guess I will have to wrap it up:(
I am going to miss our Derby gal lunches so much but I am thankful for technology that has helped us all grow so close these last few years.
Thanks so much again for the incredibly nice post and for your example. How I love my aunties!
P.S. I must confess...Unless it is a derby gal luncheon I am usually in the same old pair of torn up sweats. My mom and John would vouch for that:)
Even though I refused to post on any more of these good-bye posts I guess that now that the band-aide has finally been ripped off, I can wipe away the tears and get on with my day--I have a whole new appreciation for you missionary farewells--(except that missionaries don't haul the grandkids off with them). Thanks for posting this-it is so kind and true
I would comment, but I think everyone else has said what I would say! So I'll just say "ditto" to all of you! We love you Jess and can't wait to skype our next luncheon!
Post a Comment