Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thank You!

I just wanted to say "Thank You" to the people who taught me how to sew! Because of them, I know how to take this...

And turn it into this...
I think Mom did most of the teaching, but Carol certainly helped. I remember at least one summer of lots of t-shirt making in Arizona! I know I had a home ec teacher, but I can't remember her name. FYI, Mom learned to sew from Lucky's mom, Iva, after we moved to Kentucky. I just remember Mom's sewing corner in our Kentucky house and some pretty amazing dresses that she made. And because I can make one of these dresses, I can also make a second one!


I also know I have learned a thing or two from Colleen and Heather, especially when it comes to sewing quilts. Sew, Thank You!!

7 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Whoa, something like this may not have seemed as impressive back in the 70's, when all we had to do was watch "What's My Line' and "The Brady Bunch" but in our high tech, don't stop, just keep texting world--this is quite a feat. One I would never attempt! So don't forget to post with the bodies in them. (Thank goodness for "Halloween World" and seamstresses in China, I can survive another holiday here in Draper!)

Trishelle said...

Those are absolutely wonderful!! LOVE, love, love them! Congratulations on a job well done.

Heather said...

They turned out fabulous! I can't wait to see them in action. I need to call you next year. My costume sewing was not nearly so successful.

Vanessa said...

Quite talented for sure! Wish I could do that. Sierra has been taking sewing classes and loving them, she has turned into quite the little seamstress. I hope she continues and can sew for her children and grandbabies someday.

Romney said...

Those turned out awesome! I am so very impressed but I'm also wondering why the heck I didn't get those sewing skills! When you come visit me next week, you can give me my first pattern following lesson so I can make Jocelyn a skirt! Love you!

Charlie said...

Those are very very cute nice job.

jessica&john.com said...

I am so impressed with your sewing skills! Using a Serger is practically like brain surgery to me.
Please post pics with your girls modeling them.