Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Clark G. Christmas Tree


Saturday afternoon while I was working on some projects for Christmas, Clark came home from some shopping. He and Timmy came upstairs with a tree for our bedroom. A couple of years ago, I came home to a fully decorated tree in my bedroom, a gift from Clark. He shopped for the tree and decorations and then brought it home and decorated it! It was awesome. The next year I put up a tree in our room. And then the next year, it didn't happen. This year, I actually stopped at two trees instead of the usual three or four, until Clark came home on Saturday! Now, he knows what size tree will fit in our room, but this tree must have called out to him and he ignored the dimensions! After some wrestling up the stairs and sawing off a little on the top and bottom, the tree fit! He decorated the whole thing and cleaned up the needles that didn't stay on the tree! Now that is a gift of love! Thanks, honey, the room smells great and the tree is beautiful! We do like to joke, though, that the name Clark G. must mean you have to have a really big Christmas tree in your house! ( If you don't know what I am talking about, watch "Christmas Vacation" and see what kind of tree Clark G. (Griswald) brings home!)

5 comments:

ColleenDown said...

Glad to see your "Footnotes" rise to the top of Heather's links. Whoa, that is an impressive tree. Did any cats die in the decorating. Can't wait to get together so we can see it in person.

Cheryl said...

I'm thrilled you are back to blogging. Please keep it up!! As for the tree, all I can say is "Wow!" You guys are so much more ambitious than us! Now that you've done all the work, I just need to move in so I can sit by your fireplace and enjoy the beautiful tree. Oh, wait, maybe you weren't asking me to move into your bedroom. It still sounded nice!

jessica&john.com said...

Yay, your back! And I love the new background. Great tradition. Way to go Clark.

Heather said...

What a beautiful tree. You really usually put up three or four. Wow. What did my mom mean about cats?

Vanessa said...

Love the tree, love the tradition! So funny though, all the work it took to get it there. We love that movie, so funny!